Biosecurity is defined as a set of precautions that aim to prevent the introduction and spread of harmful organisms. These may be pests, pathogens or invasive species.
- Essex Tree Brothers are committed to ensuring that the works we carry out keep the spread of pest and disease to a minimum.
• We are committed to complying with all legal requirements applicable to biosecurity.
• We ensure safe handling and disposal of all pests, diseases and all potentially infested materials.
• We report cases of ill health in trees through the Forestry Commissions Tree Pest and Disease sightings reporter (https://treealert.forestresearch.gov.uk/)
• We understand the need to gain professional advice from specialists if specific challenging biosecurity issues are identified before, during or after our works are carried out.
• We ensure this biosecurity policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the company and all employees are kept up to date with guidance and relevant regulations.